This book, releasing tomorrow, has a story all its own.
First, the book: Paul has met Kate, and suddenly her life holds the key to his own. It might not be a perfect solution or a perfect life, but it far surpassed anything he had lived so far. Paul finds himself surrounded by a whole new world that his own innocence almost can’t handle.
Now, the story about the book: Boise author Lauren Tyler, who has published several of her own books, is also retelling a series of stories her grandfather had published as Max Collier back in the 1960s, and now published under the name W. B. Ford. Books that were then called “brown-bag stories”–definitely racy for the time.
Find the book both in the store on Lauren’s website and on Amazon.
Smoking Pen Press is pleased to announce a new Call for Submissions for a short story anthology for our Read on the Run series. We’re seeking stories about weather. But we aren’t interested in fair winds or ordinary weather, we are looking for Ill Winds and Wild Weather. All genres are considered.
- Submissions accepted 15 March – 30 April 2023
- 1,200 to 7,000 words
- Attach to email as DOC or DOCX file
Contact spp (at) smokingpenpress (dotcom) for more information.
Photo by NOAA on Unsplash
George Prentice of BSU public radio recently interviewed local authors and poets Rebeca Evans and Maggie Koger to discuss finding love — and reminding us of another event at Boise’s Ming Studios, this one on Sunday 12 February.
Enjoy this delightful teaser.
Photo by freestocks on Unsplash
Romance Writers’ Week is coming 24-28 October 2022. This is a free week of writing training with expert authors, publishers, and marketers (including NYT bestselling author, Taylor Jenkins Reid, author of Malibu Rising, Daisy Jones & the Six, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, and more).
Did I mention it’s free. Register here. And no travel cost: it’s all online.
- Learn from award-winning romance authors including Sarah MacLean and Lizzie Camilla Blackburn
- Connect with fellow romance authors in daily networking events
- Gain valuable knowledge and practical skills to help you obtain your writing goals
- REPLAYS WILL BE AVAILABLE AFTERWARDS FOR ALL WHO REGISTER
Sponsored by ProWritingAid.
Photo by 德綱 曾 on Unsplash
“Stories with heart” is how you’d describe Judith’s books. A USA Today Bestselling Author, she writes women’s fiction with a touch of romance, featuring strong women facing challenges and finding love along the way.
She is a prolific author and has over thirty-five books either published or available for pre-order.
Do you have a writing routine? Where and when do you write?
I’m lucky enough to have an office to write in and I write every day. The early hours are spent taking care of social media, administrative things — and then I tell myself I must write 1,000 words per day. I usually do.
Continue reading “Judith Keim”
ProWritingAid is hosting a FREE week of sessions October 11 – 15. (You may recall their Thriller Writers’ Week earlier this year.)
Join hundreds of other romance writers to learn what makes a romance novel swoon-worthy. Whether you’re writing contemporary, paranormal, historical, or speculative romance (or something in between), you’ll find practical, actionable sessions to help you plan, write, and market your romance story.
Learn from bestselling authors like Tia Williams, Talia Hibbert, Louise Dean, and Carolyn Brown, as well as romance writing experts from Pages & Platforms, Simon & Schuster, Harlequin, Romance Writers of America, and more
How could you not be enthralled by meticulously researched, entertaining novels of romance, history and mystery in an engaging you-are-there style that lets you live the history? Writing in several genres, her titles include:
- Glastonbury: The Novel of Christian England – her best-known work
- The Daughters of Courage family saga trilogy: Katherine, Days of Struggle and Triumph; Elizabeth, Days of Loss and Hope; and Stephanie, Days of Turmoil and Victory
- A series, The Monastery Murders, which includes: A Very Private Grave; A Darkly Hidden Truth; An Unholy Communion; A Newly Crimsoned Reliquary; An All-Consuming Fire; and Against All Fierce Hostility
- Another series, Lord Danvers Investigates: A Most Inconvenient Death; Grave Matters; To Dust You Shall Return; A Tincture of Murder; and A Lethal Spectre
- And the Elizabeth and Richard Literary Suspense series: The Flame Ignites; The Shadow of Reality; A Midsummer Eve’s Nightmare; A Jane Austen Encounter; and A Most Singular Venture
- The Where There is Love series: Where Love Begins; Where Love Illumines; Where Love Triumphs; Where Love Restores; Where Love Shines; and Where Love Calls
Short Story Collection
The word “prolific” comes to mind!
Do you have a writing routine? Where and when do you write?
I write in my office, upstairs in our home, Monday-Friday, from mid-morning till 3:00. Then we stop for afternoon tea. After that I like to read or garden.
Continue reading “Donna Fletcher Crow”
An author of wonderful romance novels in several subgenres, Ms. McCurry says: “I write romance and I’ve published 2 romantic suspense, one supernatural romance with ghosts, and a shared world romance novella. With co-writer Lynn Mapp, I’ve published three out of a five-book series with the fourth one coming out in April 2021.”
Continue reading “Janis McCurry”
The next best thing to being there, the full set of recordings of the “Romance Around the World” Spring Fling Writers Conference presented by Chicago-North RWA in July 2020 is available for purchase and viewing through 27 July 2021. The archive will only be available until that date.
- Thursday full-day master class with Zoe York (additional fee of $25 applies)
- Three-hour master classes (included in registration fee)
- Wide selection of online workshops for both published and unpublished writers covering craft, business/career, and marketing/promotion
- Keynotes by our headliners, award-winning authors Alyssa Cole and Sarah MacLean
Price is $125 (or $150 if you want to include the full-day master class).